Metallurgy & Electrochemistry
Secondary Battery and Surface Technology
Resource Recycling about Environment
Application of Nano-Technology to Surface Treatment
Ph.D., Kyushu University, Japan, 1989
1. Chung, W. S., Iwakura, C., and Kim I., "Effect of Temperature on the Discharge Capacity of the Laves Phase Alloy Used in Nickel/Metal-Hydride Batteries," Journal of Power Sources, Vol. 79, pp. 19-24, 1999.
2. Chung, W. S., "A Study of the Rreduction Rrate of FeO in the Slag by Solid Carbon," Metallurgical and Materials Transactions B, Vol. 30B, No. 4, pp. 215-221, 1999.
3. Chung, W. S., "Effect of Centre Coke Charging on Shape of Deadman in Blast Furnace," Ironmaking and Steelmaking, Vol. 25, pp. 448-452, 1998.
4. Chung, W. S., "Effect of Iron Ore Size on Kinetics of Gaseous Reduction," ISIJ International, Vol. 38, No. 2, pp. 109-115, 1998.
5. Chung, W. S., "Thermal Hysteresis Accompanying Incommensurate-Commensurate Phase Transition in Mixed Crystal (K1-xCsx)2ZnCl4," Crystal Research and Technology, Vol. 30, No. 8, pp. 1145-1151, 1995.
Visiting Professor, Colorado School of Mines, U.S.A. (1999-2000)
Associate Professor, Division of Material Science & Engineering, Pusan National University, Korea (1993-Present)
Research Engineer, Research Institute of Industrial Science and Technology (1989-1993)
Professional Societies & Activities
Edit Member, The Korean Hydrogen Energy Society (1999-Present)
Technology Director, The Korean Institute of Resource Recycling (1999-Present)
Honors and Awards
International Joint Research & Activities
Joint Research with Professor G. P. Martin, Colorado School of Mines, U.S.A.