Turbulence and Complex Flows
Micro/Nanofluidics Application in Thermal-Fluid and Bio-System
Ph.D., Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, Korea, 1987
1. Kim,K.C., Ji,H.S., Seong,S.H, "Flow structure around a 3-D rectangular prism in a turbulent boundary layer", Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics, vol.91 pp.653-669, 2003
2. O.Chetelat, Kim,K.C.,"Miniature particle image velocimetry system with LED in-line illumination" Measurement Science and Technology, Vol.13, pp.1006-1013,2002
3. O.Chetelat, Kim,K.C., "Design of a particle image velocimetry objective maximizing the image signal-to-noise ratio", Measurement Science and Technology,Vol.13, pp.667-682, 2002
4. Kim,K.C., Lee,M.B., Yoon,S.Y., Boo,J.S., Chun,H.H., "Phase Averaged Velocity Field in the Near Wake of a Square Cylinder Obtained by a PIV Method", Journal of Visualization, Vol.5, No.1 2002
5. Chang,T.H., Chang,K.S., Kim,K.C., Doh,D.H., Lee,Y.W., "The Sixth Asian Symposium on Visualization", Journal of Visualization, Vol.5, No.1, page.105-111, 2002
6. Kim, K. C., Kim, S. K., Yoon, S. Y., and Park, K. H., "The Differences in the Counter-Rotating Vortex Pair Structures in a Crossflow Jet Subjected to Various Thermal Stratification," ASME, Journal of Heat Transfer, Vol. 122, pp. 425, 2000.
7. Kim, K. C., and Park, K. Y., "Evolution of the Counter-Rotating Vortex Structure in a Crossflow Jet," JSME International Journal, Series B, Vol. 43, No. 4, pp. 659-664, 2000.
8. Kim, K. C., and Adrian, R. J., "Very Large-Scale Motion in the Outer Layer," Physics of Fluids, Vol. 11, Issue 2, pp. 417-422, 1999.
9. Kim, K. C., and Kim, S. K., "Plume Behavior under Various Temperature Gradients," ASME Journal of Heat Transfer, 1999.
10. Kim, K. C., and Lee, Y., "Effect of transverse convex curvature on Heat Transfer from Heated Cylinder with Axisymmetric Backward - Facing Steps, "International Journal Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol. 39, No. 8, pp. 1763-1766, 1996.
Director, MEMS Technology Center (2002-present)
Director, National Research Laboratory (2002-present)
Principle Investigator, BK21 (1999-2002)
Planning and Steering Director, Institute for National Project Operation, Korea (1997-2000)
Visiting Professor, Department of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, U.S.A. (1996-1997)
Professional Societies & Activities
Member of ASME, ASEE, SAE, KSME, KSV, KSHRAE, KSTAM(Member of IUTAM)
Editor, Heat Transfer-Asia Research (1999-present)
Editor, the KSME Journal (2001-present)
Secretary General, 5th INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON PARTICLE IMAGE VELOCIMETRY, BUSAN (2003)
International Advisory Board, International Symposium on Particle Image Velocimetry, Germany (2001)
Organizing Committee Member, The Third International Conference of Turbulent Heat Transfer, U.S.A. (2001)
Honors and Awards
Post-Doctoral Fellow Award from Korea Science and Engineering Foundation, Korea (1989)
Namhun Academic Award of KSME, Korea (1995)
KOSEF-NSF Senior Scientist Exchange Fellow Award, Korea (1996)
Best Teaching Award, School of Mechanical Engineering, PNU, 1998, 2001
Best Research Award, School of Mechanical Engineering, PNU, 2001
Outstanding Paper Award, The Organizing committe of the 4th Cross Straits Symposium, 2002
International Joint Research & Activities
Joint Research with Professor R. J. Adrian of University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (1996-Present)
Research Project in Complex Turbulent Flow in Stirred Mixer Supported by NSF and DOW Chemical Co. (1999-Present)
Research Project in Turbulent Boundary Layer Supported by NSF and KOSEF (1996-1997)